OHIO ASSOCIATION OF
ECONOMISTS AND POLITICAL SCIENTISTS
74th ANNUAL MEETING & CONFERENCE
September 19th and 20th, 2014
Holiday Inn French Quarter
Perrysburg, OH near Toledo (see map)
Please mention when you are making hotel reservations
that you are attending the OAEPS Annual Meeting
to receive the conference discount.
To Register Online for the OAEPS Annual Meeting click here.
The deadline for registering for the annual meeting
this year is September 1, 2014.
We look forward to seeing you in Perrysburg.
Call For Papers - Faculty Members
The Ohio Association for Economists and Political Scientists invites submissions of scholarly and applied research for presentation at the 2014 Annual Meeting to be held September 19-20 at the Holiday Inn French Quarter, Perrysburg, Ohio near Toledo. (see map)
OAEPS attracts scholars from across the region to present and discuss research in a friendly professional environment.
The conference includes sponsored undergraduate and graduate student paper presentations and a competition in economics and political science. University and college faculty are encouraged to promote these opportunities to students. Please see the information in the next section for more information about the student paper presentations and competition.
For full consideration, faculty members should send a 200 word abstract to Katharine Kontak, Program Chair (email@example.com) no later than Monday, September 8, 2014. Please indicate the discipline and subfield (e.g. economics, history of thought or political science, political theory).
Call for Papers - Student Paper Presentations and the Annual OAEPS Student Paper Competition
• All students must submit a full length paper to present their research at the annual conference and to participate in the student paper competition by Monday September 8, 2014 to Katharine Kontak, Program Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org). Abstract paper submissions will not be accepted.
• Undergraduate papers must have been written during the 2013-14 academic year.
• Undergraduate paper submissions must be accompanied by faculty letter of support.
• Faculty-student research is not eligible for the student paper competition.
• Co-authored undergraduate papers are welcomed.
• To be eligible for prizes in the student paper competition authors must present their research during the Annual Meeting.
• The 1st and 2nd place papers in each competition receive a financial reward.
About the Student Paper Competition...
Due to the generous support of sponsors, the Ohio Association of Economists and Political Scientists is pleased to offer four distinct paper competitions serving undergraduate and graduate students of economics and political science. The competitions include:
1. Graduate Economics (Sponsored by The College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University)
2. Graduate Political Science (Sponsored by the Center for Policy Studies at Case Western Reserve University)
3. Undergraduate Economics (Sponsored by The College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University)
4. Undergraduate Political Science (Sponsored by The Arneson Institute for Practical Politics and Public Affairs at Ohio Wesleyan University)
Proceedings of the Annual Meeting
The Ohio Association of Economists and Political Scientists is pleased to announce the OAEPS Proceedings of the Annual Meeting. The Proceedings will be published on the OAEPS website (www.oaeps.org). Members presenting during the Annual Meeting will be eligible to submit completed conference papers and discussants will be eligible to submit comments. Style and submission guidelines will be available on the website later this summer. Submission is entirely voluntary.
Nearby and easily accessible attractions close to the conference hotel include The Toledo Zoo, the Toledo Museum of Art, Fort Meigs, and the Great Lakes Maritime Museum. All are terrific by any standard and offer participants an opportunity to make the trip more fun and interesting.