OHIO ASSOCIATION OF
ECONOMISTS AND POLITICAL SCIENTISTS
74th ANNUAL MEETING & CONFERENCE
September 19th and 20th, 2014
Holiday Inn French Quarter
Perrysburg, OH near Toledo (see map)
Registration and program information will be available soon.
Mark your calendars!
We look forward to seeing you in Perrysburg.
Call For Papers
The Ohio Association for Economists and Political Scientists invites submissions of scholarly and applied research for presentation at the 2014 Annual Meeting to be held September 19-20 at the Holiday Inn French Quarter, Perrysburg, Ohio near Toledo. (see map)
OAEPS attracts scholars from across the region to present and discuss research in a friendly professional environment.
The conference includes sponsored undergraduate and graduate student paper competitions in economics and political science. University and college faculty are encouraged to promote these opportunities to students. Please see the information in the next section for more information about the student paper competitions
For full consideration, send a 200 word abstract to David McClough, Program Chair (email@example.com) no later than Monday, September 8, 2014. Please indicate the discipline and subfield (e.g. economics, history of thought or political science, political theory).
Student Paper Competitions
Due to the generous support of sponsors, the Ohio Association of Economists and Political Scientists is pleased to offer four distinct paper competitions serving undergraduate and graduate students of economics and political science. The competitions include:
1. Graduate Economics (Sponsored by The College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University)
2. Graduate Political Science (Sponsored by the Center for Policy Studies at Case Western Reserve University)
3. Undergraduate Economics (Sponsored by The College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University)
4. Undergraduate Political Science (Sponsored by The Arneson Institute for Practical Politics and Public Affairs at Ohio Wesleyan University)
The 1st and 2nd place papers in each competition receive a financial reward. For UNDERGRADUATE student paper competition finalists invited to present at the conference the registration fee is waived and lunch is complimentary.
• Undergraduate papers must have been written during the academic year 2012-13 but may be substantially revised during the summer.
• Undergraduate papers must be accompanied by faculty letter of support.
• Faculty-student research is not eligible for the contest; however, we encourage submission of co-authored research for presentation during the conference.
• Co-authored undergraduate papers are welcomed.
• To be eligible for prizes, authors must present their research during the Annual Meeting.
• Send submissions to: David McClough (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 9, 2013. (Only completed manuscripts are eligible.