OHIO ASSOCIATION OF
ECONOMISTS AND POLITICAL SCIENTISTS
73rd ANNUAL MEETING & CONFERENCE
September 27th and 28th, 2013
Kent State University
Overnight accommodations are now available at the:
Holiday Inn Express
1215 Sanctuary View Dr.
Kent, OH 44240
Phone: (330) 673-9200
There is a conference rate of $89.95 per night available. Please use the code OAE when making reservations.
Call For Papers
The Ohio Association for Economists and Political Scientists invites submissions of scholarly and applied research for presentation at the 2013 Annual Meeting to be held September 27-28 on the campus of Kent State University in Kent, OH.
OAEPS attracts scholars from across the region to present and discuss research in a friendly professional environment.
The conference includes sponsored undergraduate and graduate student paper competitions in economics and political science. University and college faculty are encouraged to promote these opportunities to students. Please see the information in the next section for more information about the student paper competitions
For full consideration, send a 200 word abstract to David McClough, Program Chair (email@example.com) no later than Monday, September 9, 2013. Please indicate the discipline and subfield (e.g. economics, history of thought or political science, political theory).
Student Paper Competitions
Due to the generous support of sponsors, the Ohio Association of Economists and Political Scientists is pleased to offer four distinct paper competitions serving undergraduate and graduate students of economics and political science. The competitions include:
1. Graduate Economics (Sponsored by The College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University)
2. Graduate Political Science (Sponsored by the Center for Policy Studies at Case Western Reserve University)
3. Undergraduate Economics (Sponsored by The College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University)
4. Undergraduate Political Science (Sponsored by The Arneson Institute for Practical Politics and Public Affairs at Ohio Wesleyan University)
The 1st and 2nd place papers in each competition receive a financial reward. For UNDERGRADUATE student paper competition finalists invited to present at the conference the registration fee is waived and lunch is complimentary.
• Undergraduate papers must have been written during the academic year 2012-13 but may be substantially revised during the summer.
• Undergraduate papers must be accompanied by faculty letter of support.
• Faculty-student research is not eligible for the contest; however, we encourage submission of co-authored research for presentation during the conference.
• Co-authored undergraduate papers are welcomed.
• To be eligible for prizes, authors must present their research during the Annual Meeting.
• Send submissions to: David McClough (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 9, 2013. (Only completed manuscripts are eligible.
The Ohio Association of
Economists and Political Scientists (OAEPS)
welcomes you to our website! The OAEPS is an
organization of economists and political
scientists, as well as undergraduate and
graduate students from across Ohio who work
to produce and disseminate useful research
on subjects related to Ohio’s economy and
politics. Our activities include an annual
conference and publication of the Journal of
Economics and Politics.
The OAEPS recently held its 71st annual
conference and meeting October 7th and 8th, 2011
at Bowling Green State University. Highlights of the conference
included discussions on the Ohio
Senate Bill 5 and Issue 2, a panel discussion
that addressed economic development strategies for Ohio, and
presentations of student and faculty papers.
Explore the rest of our website to find
valuable resources and information
concerning submission of papers to publish
in the Journal of Economics and Politics.
Please consider becoming a member! Annual
dues are $35 for faculty and $5 for