The Ohio Association of
Economists and Political Scientists (OAEPS)
welcomes you to our website! The OAEPS is an
organization of economists and political
scientists, as well as undergraduate and
graduate students from across Ohio who work
to produce and disseminate useful research
on subjects related to Ohio’s economy and
politics. Our activities include an annual
conference and publication of the Journal of
Economics and Politics.
The OAEPS recently held its 73rd annual
conference and meeting September 27-28, 2013
at Kent State University. Highlights of the conference
included discussions on the "The Political Economy of the Arab Uprising" and "Policy Considerations for Improving Ohio's Housing Market." Panel discussions
that addressed a
wide range of questions and points
concerning issues of, social networks and
recent economic development, democracy,
reasoning, and the political process, and
presentations of student papers were also held.
Explore the rest of our website to find
valuable resources and information
concerning submission of papers to publish
in the Journal of Economics and Politics.
Please consider becoming a member! Annual
dues are $35 for faculty and $5 for
OAEPS Mission Statement:
The OAEPS has a proud tradition as the
leading scholarly association for social
scientists in Ohio. Since 1940, the OAEPS
has been devoted to the understanding and
dissemination of knowledge and to the
facilitation of dialogue regarding economic
and political concepts and events. The OAEPS
sponsors an annual conference and publishes
the Journal of Economics and Politics. We
encourage papers and panel proposals on all
aspects of economics and politics for the 2014 conference. Winners of the student
paper awards will receive a small
honorarium, and their paper will be
considered for publication in the Journal of
Economics and Politics.
Annual Student Paper Competitions
Due to the generous support of sponsors, the Ohio Association of Economists and Political Scientists is pleased to offer four distinct paper competitions serving undergraduate and graduate students of economics and political science. The competitions include:
1. Graduate Economics (Sponsored by The College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University)
2. Graduate Political Science (Sponsored by the Center for Policy Studies at Case Western Reserve University)
3. Undergraduate Economics (Sponsored by The College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University)
4. Undergraduate Political Science (Sponsored by The Arneson Institute for Practical Politics and Public Affairs at Ohio Wesleyan University)
The 1st and 2nd place papers in each competition receive a financial reward. For UNDERGRADUATE student paper competition finalists invited to present at the conference the registration fee is waived and lunch is complimentary.
• Undergraduate papers must have been written during the academic year 2012-13 but may be substantially revised during the summer.
• Undergraduate papers must be accompanied by faculty letter of support.
• Faculty-student research is not eligible for the contest; however, we encourage submission of co-authored research for presentation during the conference.
• Co-authored undergraduate papers are welcomed.
• To be eligible for prizes, authors must present their research during the Annual Meeting.
• Send submissions to: David McClough (email@example.com) by September 9, 2013. (Only completed manuscripts are eligible.